hen's high tea

September 02, 2013

Rob mason biba 1 (5) Rob mason biba 2 (5) Rob mason biba 1 (6) Rob mason biba 3 (5) Rob mason biba 2 (6) Rob mason biba 3 (6) Rob mason biba 4 (5) Rob mason biba 5 (4) Rob mason biba 6 (4) Rob mason biba 7 (3)


Before the was the country wedding there was Lulu's hens day. Her maid of honour, Ruby, organised a high tea at The Windsor Hotel and also a private burlesque dancing class afterwards. Now, burlesque dancing is awesome but I think my dancing skills are better enjoyed in private. Alone. Probably in the middle of a desert island surrounded on all sides by at least one hundred thousand million kilometres of sea. Obviously because they're that good. Luckily for everyone involved I was unable to attend that portion anyway, thanks to Violet's daycare not offering overnight or week long stays. Imagine a week of uninterrupted sleep! I can't imagine that because I will probably ugly cry tears of desperation.

So I was, standardly, just there for the food. And the henning. Whatever that is. The Windsor Hotel is fairly famous for it's high tea but as it was a Thursday in the middle of the day it was pretty quiet. This was great news for me because it meant that after Beatie was done being mum-to-be Ruby's new best friend forever, she could easily fall asleep on my lap. Leaving me so much more opportunity to shove sandwiches and pastries in my mouth. Delicious. You probably won't remember this dress that Beatie is wearing as a hand-me-down from Violet (who in turn got it as a hand-me-down from who knows who dropped it off at the thrift and when) but I can't believe it fits already. Nearly 6 months old. Nearly 16 years old any minute. Just for the record, I was later informed that Lulu did not in fact use those boobie tassel thingies at the burlesque dancing, as if I ever thought she would..no one is that henny, surely?


12 comments:

  1. This looked like so much fun!! Tea cups + pretty dresses = a lovely time.
    I love how you described your dance moves. They must be pretty "awesome." LOL

    Kayla
    Love Sparkle Pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing.
    The baby is so cute.
    The cake must be delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like an amazing time! I love everyone's dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well this looks like a lovely little time! Now I am craving chocolate! I keep seeing it everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That space in the Windsor hotel looks unreal! Hens and Tea...never heard of it, but if it involves mini sandwiches and tea, it sounds amazing.

    A class to learn how to dance burlesque style....iiiiiinteresting idea!

    .:Marta:.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the pictures and your dress! Everything is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. At Children Academy, your child is the focus. We never forget that they are the reason that we are here. Our programs create an opportunity for each child to attain their full potential and achieve their dreams as well as yours for them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man! I feel the same way about my dancing skills! This all looks like so much fun! Love pretty dresses and tea time!

    Rachel from BB

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a lovely gathering! you look so pretty<3
    would you mind to follow each other? :)

    Kisses from Hong Kong :*

    www.basic-classic.blogspot.com
    https://www.facebook.com/basicclassic
    www.instagram.com/Andianti_

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hen night is very important for the woman who is about to be married. This night is meant to be one of the most enjoyable, and fun event of life of an individual before marriage.

    hen nights in london & hen party london

    ReplyDelete
  11. Best hen party's in a pub or a bar are a great way to get everyone in your hen group involved.Thanks for this.

    hen nights in london & hen party london

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome blog Hanna. I’m going to send you an email this week about a baby topic I’m researching.

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...